Contempt Actions and Enforcing Court Orders

A judge may hold a party in contempt of court for violating a court order. This is a serious offense that can result in community service, fines and jail time of up to five days per offense. Being found in contempt could also cause a party to lose custody or visitation rights. If you or your children are being harmed in any way by another person’s failure to obey a court order, you should contact an experienced attorney immediately.

At the Huntington Beach, California based Law Office of Jeffrey D. Stearman, I have assisted many clients who needed help to enforce a court order. I have been an attorney in Southern California for over 40 years. I know the law and I know your rights. I will work tirelessly on your behalf to see that your rights are respected according to the terms issued by the court.

Experience in a Variety of Enforcement Cases

There are many types of court orders that may need to be enforced during or after a divorce proceeding. Restraining orders against domestic violence, child support, spousal support and child custody and visitation orders can all come into play in these types of cases.

I also represent people being held in contempt. If you are being accused of violating a court order, I can help you. If you are unable to comply with the agreed upon visitation schedule due to a job change, can’t make your support payments due to a change in circumstances or dispute the validity of a restraining order, I can help you. I handle all types of modifications and represent clients regularly in domestic violence matters.

Call for a Free Consultation

Contact my office today to personally discuss your court order enforcement questions with a lawyer. You can call 714-871-7778 for a FREE initial phone consultation or send me an email. I am available by phone during regular business hours and regularly check email evenings and weekends.